Halloween is over. You know what this means, though right? We’re now headed full-force into the real-deal holiday season. Thanksgiving will be here before you know it. And Channukah and Christmas? They are not far behind. Thankfully, with a little inspiration, you can avoid being left behind in your holiday gift shopping, with this awesome e-book we’ll be giving away!
I know by the title, you would think this was a book written by me, but, nope! Renee Harris, owner of the lovely lotion company, MadeOn Hard Lotion (which we were already familiar with, remember that skeeter-fighting Bug Block?) has created this e-book which includes recipes for amazing, frugal skin care products you can make yourself, and give away as gifts for the holidays!
The “Butter” of “My Buttered Life” refers to the kinds of body butters you can use to make decadently wonderful, healthful skin care products! Shea butter and cocoa butter are two of the simple, natural ingredients used in these deliciously moisturizing, homemade products — though they’re made for your skin, they’re good enough to eat! (Although not as tasty as they seem. I may or may not have licked, and/or slightly nibbled, my bar of Au Chocolate…it just smelled too dang good not to!)
This version of My Buttered Life is actually the second installment in a series of e-books by MadeOn. You might have seen the Summer Edition, which had recipes for Bug Block, and other summer stuff, but this one is specifically tailored to this gift-giving winter season. New features of the e-book include:
- A page that compares “where to buy” options with prices for ingredients
- Ingredient list in recipes link directly to the web store where you can buy them
- A “3 Projects in One” video that shows how to make three of the projects in an hour (which can easily be done with the Do-It-Yourself Kit)
- Packaging and container suggestions
- Tips on essential oils to be used in your gifts
The five buttery recipes and video tutorials inside the e-book are for:
- Chocolate Body Mousse (Seriously?! I cannot wait to make this!)
- Flavored Lip Balms (with no scary petro-chemicals like most have!)
- Chocolate Peppermint Lotion Bars (YUM!)
- Scented and Shaped Lotion Bars (Could be cute holiday-themed shapes, and wintery scents — Renee suggests a an essential oil combo that smells just like, well, Christmas!)
- Beeswax Candles (You could use that Christmas scent combo to make your happy little candles smell like a Christmas tree!)
Enter to Win!
Here’s the rules this time around for how you can win your copy of My Buttered Life: The Gift Edition, a $5 value (each)!
To enter this giveaway, watch the video above, and think about what homemade skin care gifts (or candles, etc.!) you think would be perfect to make for your family and friends. Tell us about it in the comments below — and you’ll have just entered to win your very own copy of this e-book!
Once again, you’ll have more chances to win by doing extra things for extra entries:
- “Like” MadeOn Hard Lotion on Facebook and leave a separate comment here to telling us you did! (They are super fun to follow, by the way. Not just about lotion, you’ll find interesting discussions about natural living, and even some great how-to video tutorials from Renee!) (1 extra entry)
- Already love MadeOn’s amazing products? Leave a testimonial about your favorites in the comments! (1 extra entry)
- Share this giveaway on Facebook (there’s a little button at the top of this post you can use for that!), and leave a separate comment! (1 extra entry)
- “Like” B.B. on Facebook, and leave a separate comment! (1 extra entry)
- Follow B.B. on Twitter, and leave a separate comment! (1 extra entry)
- Tweet about this giveaway, and make sure you mention @HardLotion (and leave a separate comment!) (1 extra entry)
- Subscribe to our new monthly newsletter (you will get my new e-book, “Get Real! Traditional Foods Basics” sent to you for free!), and leave a separate comment! (1 extra entry)
- Subscribe to B.B. via email, and leave a separate comment! (1 extra entry)
- Pin this giveaway on Pinterest (we’re on there, btw!), and leave a separate comment! (1 extra entry)
Good luck, everyone!