What a tasty, simple way to prepare fish! You can use any white fish for this recipe, but I used mahi. Living in Hawaii, Mahi Mahi is plentiful, much more so than turbot or whitting!
Breaded Whitefish is found on page 262 of Nourishing Traditions: The Cookbook that Challenges Politically Correct Nutrition and the Diet Dictocrats by Sally Fallon.
Click HERE to enter to win TWO copies of the book in our 25 Days of Nourishing Traditions Giveaway!
- 1 1⁄2 pounds thick filets of whitefish such as turbot or whiting
- 2⁄3 cup unbleached flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup whole grain bread crumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1⁄2 cup clarified butter (page 150)
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
How’d it go?
How we liked it
Be sure to check out the other installments of 25 Days of Nourishing Traditions:
- Onion-Cranberry Compote
- Sweet Potato Puree
- Ginger Carrots
- Stuffed Peppers
- Turkey Stock
- Coconut Turkey Soup
- Carrots Vichy