We’re gonna have a little something new happening around here — Meal Plan Mondays!
I thought since I’m always looking for meal inspiration, and drive myself crazy if I don’t plan my meals, I’m probably not the only one who could benefit from seeing how other Real Fooders do it — and get a peek into their meal planning schedule!
So, I’d like to start taking submissions for this series, from you guys! Send me a week’s worth of meals from your planner, and I will try to put as many of them as I can here on the blog, one each Monday.
If your submission is chosen to be featured, you’ll get some goodies!
- A free e-book. My very first e-book to be sold on the site is coming shortly, and each featured Meal Plan Monday submitter will be getting a free copy. (as soon as it’s ready!) It’ll be worth like, lots of money of course. 😛
- 10 bonus entries into the next giveaway. Whatever the next prize giveaway is here at BB, you’ll get 10 bonus entries for free!
- Promotion of your blog or website. You’ll of course get a link and I’ll write you a little blurb, but you could also include links to your own recipes in your weekly meal plan!
If you wanna play, here’s how!
To be featured in this series, submit a week’s worth of meal planning from your meal calendar — preferably with links to recipes if they can be found online — to me by email: emily @ butterbeliever . com (minus the anti-spammy spaces.) Of course since we’re all about real, traditional food around here, your meals have got to be legit. So obviously, no toxic, fake, or processed ingredients. If you’re not sure what counts as real food and what doesn’t, dig around here a little or just ask me.
Your weekly meal plan could be as simple as just a list with days of the week and what you’re feeding your household for each day — breakfast, lunch dinner, and hopefully even a few snacks or dessert thrown in there. Or you could get fancy, and submit an image from your meal calendar, or a spreadsheet, or whatever. We just wanna know what you eat!
But, I’d love for this to be about more than just meals. In addition, I’d love for you to include the following with your submission:
- Food/nutrition goals: What are some ways in which you’re hoping to do better in the kitchen? Mastering grain-free baking? Adding in more fermented foods? Buying more of your food from local sources?
- Health goals: What are you hoping to learn or achieve with your real food lifestyle? Weight loss? Managing a health struggle? Fertility?
- Questions: Is there anything that I or my usually way-more-knowledgeable readers might be able to help you out with? Ask away!
- Kitchen tips: What have you learned in your experience cooking and preparing traditional foods that you’d like to share?
- Favorite gadgets or cookbooks: What are the must-haves in your kitchen?
- Pictures: It would be awesome to see some pics of your food, your kitchen, your homestead, whatever!
- Your “food conversion” story: Were you raised eating traditional, real food? Or was there a turning point in your life that brought you to this lifestyle? We’d love to hear it!
So, what do you think? Sound like fun? I know I’m pretty excited. I can’t wait to see what’s in your meal planner! We’ll be starting with the first Meal Plan Monday next week, so please hurry and submit your plans! (or else I won’t have anything to put up!) 😀
[image credit: shimelle on Flickr]