If there’s anything I can’t stand more than mosquitoes, it’s those big, fat, filthy, revolting house flies. When they land on me with their nasty, hairy legs that have touched — ohh, Lord… I don’t even want to THINK about what they’ve touched — and look at me with their giant, dumb eyes, it seriously makes me ANGRY. You swat them away, and they keep coming and coming and flying around your face and buzzing past your ears and landing in your food and — UGH! It’s enough to make you SCREAM!!
Enough hate. It’s time to do something about these evil little irritants.
This Hack will help to diminish the population of this lower-than-lowlife bug in and around your home. And you probably have everything you need to construct your trap of triumph right now.
Flies, you’re goin’ down.
Plan of Attack
1. Acquire one plastic, disposable bottle, emptied of its contents, such as a water bottle or (gasp!) a soda bottle. Any size will suffice, but probably, the bigger the better.
2. Cut the top of said bottle off. Like so:
3. Find the nastiest, smelliest bunch of food garbage in your house* — if you don’t have a garbage disposal, the scraps caught from the strainer in your sink are perfect. Extra ammo would be any kind of raw/rotting meat or fruit. If you REALLY wanna bring in the big guns — get a piece of livestock poo (seriously) — and throw it all in the bottle. Add some water in there.
[*Note: If you’d rather your bait not be that gross, some say that mixing in some sugar water and vinegar — or even just pouring a bit of honey or syrup at the bottom since they’ll try to eat it and get stuck — will be good enough. Maybe stick with that if your trap is within the walls of your home territory.]
4. Invert the top of the bottle and stuff it inside the bottom half.
5. Watch those stupid, worthless vermin fly over to your lethal trap with utmost curiosity. Observe as the enemy meanders toward the opening at the bottom.
6. BASK IN YOUR VICTORY as they DROWN in the DEATH SOUP, too stupid to remember how they got there in the first place and escape.
By the way, the corpses of our fallen foe make for great bait as well. Flies are cannibalistic. Sick.
Or else, if that didn’t satisfy you enough, you could always try this:
(Wow. Please don’t actually do that.)
Have you ever used a homemade fly trap before? What’s your bait of choice? If you’re going to try this one out, come back and tell us how it worked for you!