I am not a planner.
I pack for a vacation the morning of the trip. I never remember to put important dates, birthdays, or appointments on my calendar. And I’m super, extra, embarrassingly-horrible at meal planning.
Do you know that that’s a thing, by the way — meal planning? Yeah, that’s where people who actually cook all their meals at home instead of getting “emergency” pizza or takeout 3 nights a week take time to schedule out what they’re going to make to feed their families. It’s a great idea in theory — it saves you time, money, and keeps everything organized. And most importantly, keeps food on the table and always answers the age-old question…
“What’s for Dinner?”
Which, I almost never know. Sometimes I’ll get a bout of excitement over some new recipe I’ve discovered, and I’m all, “Hey look at me! I’m actually making something I found on Pinterest!” and I’ll get the things for it at the market and strut proudly back to my kitchen and make it, and it looks nothing like the picture but I don’t care, and I revel in the fact that I actually planned dinner.
Except that doesn’t last.
It’s exhausting trying to repeat that process over and over again, and the recipes I wind up finding aren’t always exactly the easiest things to make. You just never know what you’re going to get when you pluck random ones off the internet and hope for the best.
And making all your tried-and-true recipes over and over again gets old. It’s so easy to get stuck in a spaghetti, tacos, roast chicken rut. I don’t know about you, but even I’m a little sick of my own cooking.
Let me introduce you to your new best friend.
Emily Bartlett is a holistic medical practitioner, and also the author of the super-awesome real food and natural health blog, Holistic Squid. She also happens to be a real-food-recipe-making genius.
Because, not only are her recipes really interesting and inventive, but they are very simple, tasty, extremely nourishing, really easy to make, and most importantly — don’t take very much time to prepare!
Emily has come out with a new meal planning subscription that solves all of your food-planning worries and makes serving your family real food easier, cheaper, quicker, and more fun. It’s called, Real Food Meal Plans for the Busy Home. I’m now using it myself, and I don’t think I’ll ever go back to trying to do all this on my own again!
What You’ll Get
For as low as $6 a month, the Real Food Meal Plans do everything for you — minus, you know, the actual cooking and stuff. But even that is made so much easier! Because when everything is planned for maximum efficiency, it’s simpler, it gets done faster, and with better results (tastier and more nutritious food!).
The Real Food Meal Plans give you:
- A cooking schedule, with one day that you bang everything out that you’ll need for the week in a couple of hours, so that your daily kitchen prep time is extra short. Just throw together what you’ve already prepared, and you’re done!
- Flexible food options, like freezer meals that you can have ready just-in-case, options for larger batches of dinner so you’ll have plenty of leftovers, and lots of extra recipes so you’ll have plenty of food available when you need it.
- Well-balanced meals that are nutrient-dense, without having to think about it. If you find it difficult to add in all those superfoods like organ meats, shellfish, and fermented veggies often enough — with the meal plans, it’s all laid out for you, by a medical professional, no less. Your family will be getting the right amounts of everything they need, and the very best nutrition possible.
Would you spend the equivalent of a latte at Starbucks every month to get that? Every week, you’ll open your email to find a pretty little package of headache-free meal planning instructions, including:
- A detailed, printable shopping list to take with you and save you time and money
- Your schedule for the week with exactly what you need to do, laid out day by day (with one main cooking day and minimal time in the kitchen)
- Recipes for 5 FULL dinners – plus an extra – with enough leftovers to cover most of your lunches too!
- One double recipe each week to bank “fast food” in the freezer!
- Bonus recipes each week so you always have real food handy
- Gluten and dairy-free options – for those with special dietary needs
I was extra excited to see that whole, “fast food” in the freezer thing in the mix there. I’ve always wanted to try freezer cooking, but it sounded intimidating. This looks easy enough though — just make a double batch and freeze the rest. Pretty soon, I’ll have plenty of extra meals to spare for nights that I just don’t want to do any real cooking at all!
The recipes even tell you how much kitchen time it’ll take to prepare them. Which is almost always 30 minutes or less! Just a half hour in the kitchen to make healthy, delicious real food? That alone is worth it to me to spend 6 bucks a month!
The easiest way to save money on real food
Once you take a look at the meal plans, it’s easy to see how much time they will save you, since both your grocery shopping and cooking time is streamlined to get food on the table with as little effort as possible. But just as important to me, is how much money you save doing this.
How many times have you bought things from the grocery store that wind up spoiling in your fridge, or getting lost in your freezer never to be found until there’s a thick, nasty layer of burnt-on frost stuck to it? When you don’t know exactly what it is you’re going to be cooking for the week, wasting money on groceries is almost a guarantee.
But when you have the exact amount of all the ingredients of everything you’ll be cooking laid out for you? You’ll never have to throw out any of the food you buy. High quality real food ingredients can be expensive, and most people can’t afford to let any of it go to waste. Meal planning is the best way you’re going to save that money and cut the cost of your grocery bill. Not to mention, think about how much money you’ll save on not having to eat out all the time because you don’t have anything ready for dinner! We all know those add up quick.
Try it out for FREE!
[UPDATE:] You can now download a completely FREE sample of the meal plans to see just how much you like having all your meals and shopping planned out for you! Yes, like, completely and totally free! You have to check this out.