“All who know the pure product and use it with understanding come to respect the essential oils. One cannot but admire their ability to operate effectively not only on the cellular, physical level, but in the emotional, intellectual, spiritual, and aesthetic areas of our lives also. If anything in this world is holistic, it is essential oils.”
-Valerie Ann Worwood, aromatherapist and author of The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy
Do you know just how incredibly amazing and therapeutic essential oils can be?
I didn’t. Recently, though, I’ve learned enough about the science of aromatherapy that I’m entirely convinced I now need to be on a mission to spread the truth about this to word to the whole wide world, about just how much essential oils can improve your health and change your life. Now that I’ve been using them on a daily basis, for a zillion different purposes, I can’t believe I ever lived without them!
And I can’t wait to share the everyday oils that I use in my home with you.
There’s 10 essential oils in particular that have in my stash, which I use at least one of every single day. They are:
- Peace & Calming
Some of these are single essential oils, and some are specially-formulated synergistic blends of essential oils, so they contain a variety of pure oils that work together for many different purposes.
All of these oils, plus a home diffuser and other goodies, came in the very first therapeutic essential oils purchase I ever made—the Premium Starter Kit from Young Living essential oils.
Now that essential oils are such a big part of my life, I want to share what I’ve learned by studying and using each of these everyday oils, one by one, by introducing each of them to you. And also, by giving you a chance to win them with a giveaway for each one! (Scroll down a bit if you just want to get to that part.)
Benefits and Uses for Peppermint
Peppermint is a favorite of mine, and is quite popular due to its varied uses and yummy smell. It has some pretty impressive medicinal properties, too. Here’s just some of the many benefits of peppermint:
- Soothes and aids digestion
- Stimulates and invigorates the mind
- Increases energy
- Improves concentration
- Calms nerves
- Reduces nausea
- Cools the skin and body
- Blocks pain and eases headaches
A study done by the University of Cincinnati found that inhaling peppermint oil increased mental acuity by 28%. Another, from researchers at the University of Kiel found that peppermint blocked headache pain in a double-blind, placebo-controlled, cross-over study.
There are tons of basic uses for therapeutic peppermint essential oil. Some of the suggested uses include:
- Add a drop of peppermint essential oil to herbal tea to help aid normal digestion.
- Rub one drop of peppermint essential oil (with a carrier oil) on the temples, forehead, over the sinuses (careful to avoid contact with your eyes), and on the back of the neck to relieve head pressure.
- Apply peppermint essential oil (with a carrier oil) to the back of the neck and shoulders throughout the day to keep energy up.
- Apply a few drops to a cold compress for extra cooling effect.
- Inhale peppermint essential oil or rub a drop on to your abdomen to soothe minor stomach discomfort.
- Diffuse, inhale, or apply a drop of peppermint under the nose to improve concentration and alertness.
- Inhale peppermint essential oil, apply topically to your temples or neck, or put a drop on your tongue or in water to jump-start your morning routine.
GIVEAWAY: Enter for a Chance to Win
Want to start experiencing the benefits of essential oils, with your very own bottle of the very best peppermint essential oil there is? Here’s your chance to win one!
To enter this giveaway, just follow the steps in the Rafflecopter below.
Giveaway ends 3/31/14 at 12:00 AM PST. Open to readers in the U.S., only. Winner will be announced on this post on 3/31/14, and will have 48 hours to claim their prize. Check back to see if you are the winner! Good luck!