Hey everyone! Welcome back to Sunday School! This is our weekly time to teach, learn, share, and reflect on all that is Real Food blogland. I’ll start by posting my usual blurbs and links to my latest favorite blog posts, followed by featured submissions to the carnival, then opening it up for links!
Lesson Notes: Links from Real Food Bloggers
- GAPS Recipe: Chili with Navy Beans and Beef Heart: Well, Jennutrition, it just so happens that in gathering my foodstuffs for my upcoming GAPS journey, I have procured several bags of navy beans and 5 pounds of beef heart that I didn’t quite know what to do with. Now I’ll be making this! Mmm.
- Carrot Ginger Kvass: Have you tried beet kvass yet in your real food journey? Me neither. Carrots and ginger sound much less scary! Check out this awesome alternative probiotic drink from Pickle Me Too!
- New to Food Preserving — Start Here: Check out this rundown of all the traditional ways to preserve your food in a healthy way, from Common Sense Homesteading. There are quite a few on this list that I definitely am “new” to, so this was a very helpful post for me!
Teachers of the Week!
Show & Tell — It’s Blog Hop Time!
- Please only link to posts covering real rood or healthy lifestyle-related topics. In my eyes, this includes nourishing recipes, articles about (real!) nutrition, tutorials, discussions of food politics, homesteading, tips and tricks for keeping a green, healthy home, and other healthy, holistic living topics! If you’re a B.B. subscriber, you know that I myself don’t only blog about food — sometimes I write about pretty random things — but it all relates to simple, healthy living that goes against the grains of conventional wisdom.
- If you do post a recipe, please don’t include any fake or weird, chemically ingredients! No vegetable oils, processed sugar, white flours (well, maybe here and there is okay, even Sally uses all-purpose flour for pie crust sometimes), hydrolyzed soy protein, powdered eggs/whey/protein/ANYTHING, low-fat fakeness, or other non-real “food” product ingredients! If you’re unsure what Real Food is all about, just poke around this site and the ones listed on my blogroll, and you’ll start to see. Or just raise your hand and someone will call on you! (email or comment.)
- Please update your post with a link back to this Sunday School post, so your readers can get in on all the learnin’ going on here! A simple, “This post is linked to Sunday School at Butter Believer!” is perfect. Just blog carnival courtesy, is all!
- I can’t imagine having to do so, but if our rules aren’t followed by certain links, I guess I’ll have to delete them. I’m sure everyone is more than capable of playing nice, though!
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog, including Amazon.com links. I only recommend products I genuinely love, and that I believe would be of value to my readers. Thank you for your support!
MEDICAL DISCLOSURE: Your health is between you and your health care practitioner. Nothing in this blog is intended for the treatment or prevention of disease, nor as a substitute for medical treatment, nor as an alternative to medical advice. Use of recommendations is at the choice and risk of the reader.